3 YEAR WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of a Royal Flair Caravan.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Kingsway Caravans Pty Ltd (ABN 49 072 600 205) trading as Royal Flair Caravans (“Royal Flair”) of 62 Willandra Drive, Epping 3076 provides the following warranty (“Warranty”) in relation to this Caravan.
The benefits of this Warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded.
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions Royal Flair warrants to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”), that for a term of 3 years from the date of purchase (“Warranty Term”), all parts of the manufacture and assembly of the Caravan carried out by Royal Flair that are defective in workmanship or materials will be repaired or replaced without charge to the Purchaser.
2. The Purchaser must ensure that both the Purchaser and the Dealer complete and sign the Warranty Registration Slip attached to this Warranty, and return it to Royal Flair by email or fax within 14 (fourteen) days of the delivery of the Caravan to the Purchaser.
3. The Dealer must ensure that the Caravan is delivered to the Purchaser in an acceptable condition. The Dealer must provide the Purchaser with the Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist attached to this Warranty to ensure that the Purchaser has been adequately shown how to use all appliances, components and that the Purchaser is satisfied that all products on the Caravan are in working order.
4. The Purchaser and the Dealer must both sign the Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist contained at the back of this Warranty and the Purchaser must ensure that a copy of the Checklist is emailed to Royal Flair within 14 (fourteen) days of the delivery of the Caravan to the Purchaser. Failure to comply with this paragraph 4 will result in the rejection of a claim under this Warranty.
5. In the event of a claim within the Warranty Term the Purchaser must contact the Dealer Warranty Department via email prior to carrying out any repair or rectification work. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to notify the Dealer Warranty Department immediately after a fault in the Caravan becomes apparent. The Dealer must contact Royal Flair to authorise the Warranty Claim. Any Warranty claim for reimbursement for repairs carried out without prior authorisation will be denied. The Warranty may also be void if the Purchaser continues to use the Caravan after the defect has become apparent.
6. Third Party / Supplier items warranty periods may vary from 12 months to 3 years dependent on the Supplier / product.
7. Any Warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- a. the original proof of purchase of the Caravan or the applicable receipt;
- b. the Warranty Registration Slip;
- c. the Pre-Delivery Checklist; and
- d. any other paperwork requested by the Royal Flair Warranty Department (including, without limitation, servicing and maintenance records).
8. For the purposes of paragraph 6(d) above, any paperwork requested by the Royal Flair Warranty Department must be sent to:
Address: 62 Willandra Drive, Epping VIC 3076
Fax:  93578330
9. If the Purchaser makes a Warranty claim in relation to the Caravan, Royal Flair will refer the Purchaser to an authorised repair agent for inspection and testing. The Purchaser will be required to contact the authorised repair agent referred by Royal Flair and arrange an appointment for inspection and testing. The Caravan will not be inspected or tested unless the Purchaser arranges an appointment with the authorised repair agent.
10. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to deliver the Caravan to and from the authorised repair agent in the event of a claim. If the authorised repair agent’s inspection and tests reveal that there is no defect in the Caravan, the Purchaser must pay Royal Flair’s and the authorized agent’s costs in relation to the inspection work, evaluation and testing.
11. This Warranty does not cover failure caused by any of the following:
- a. chassis, brakes or tyres (for any claim please refer to the relevant manufacturer);
- b. other items not manufactured by Royal Flair including appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, ovens, freezers, air conditioners, radio/DVD players, televisions, Ply or other options which may be covered by the respective manufacturer or supplier of that item. Removal and re- installation costs of such items to enable repair under that warranty are the responsibility of the Supplier;
- c. existing defects noted in the pre-delivery checklist and accepted by the Purchaser;
- d. defects resulting from overloading, misuse, negligence, accident or any other cause beyond the direct control of Royal Flair;
- e. defects resulting from the fitting or installation of any accessories or options such as air conditioners, annexes or other items after the Caravan has left the premises of Royal Flair;
- f. any rectification, modification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation, which occurs after the manufacture of the Caravan;
- g. any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to the continued usage or towing after a defect has, or should have become apparent to the Purchaser;
- h. defects resulting from the Purchaser’s failure to properly use, operate and maintain the Caravan in accordance with Royal Flair’s instructions, recommendations or specifications including the maintenance schedules contained in this Warranty;
- i. defects resulting from subjecting the Caravan to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- j. defects resulting from using unauthorised parts or accessories on or in relation to the Caravan;
- k. defects resulting from using the Caravan other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- l. water damage caused by creek crossings, flooding and other similar conditions;
- m. damage or defects caused by excessive speed, hard impact or use of the Caravan in unsuitable 4WD or off-road applications;
- n. shrinkage, fading, punctures or tears to fabric items such as soft furnishings, mattresses and upholstery;
- o. damage to surfaces and seals caused by after-treatments such as coatings, protectants and sealants;
- p. normal wear and tear, deterioration due to exposure or damage due to natural causes; and
- q. rental hire or commercial use of this Caravan will void this warranty.
12. This Warranty does not apply to normal service and maintenance items. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to arrange for the service and maintenance of the Caravan to ensure that it remains in a safe and roadworthy condition. Failure to do so may void this Warranty. Although not an exhaustive list, the Purchaser is responsible for the maintenance and service of the following items:
- r. tyres;
- s. batteries;
- t. light bulbs;
- u. hoses;
- v. seals;
- w. consumables; and
- x. wheel alignments.
13. The repair or replacement of the Caravan or part of the Caravan is the absolute limit of Royal Flair’s liability under this express Warranty.
14. It is a condition of this Warranty that the Purchaser complies with the Maintenance Schedule.
15. Any cost or expenses incurred by the Purchaser in making a claim or in complying with the Purchaser’s obligations under this Warranty shall be the Purchaser’s responsibility. This includes, without limitation, any fees for maintenance services, towing fees, storage, or travelling time which may be required by a repairer to perform Warranty repairs.
16. This Warranty is issued to the Purchaser and is not transferable.
17. This is the only Warranty issued by Royal Flair to the Purchaser in relation to the Caravan.
18. Royal Flair reserves the right in respect of all Warranty claims in relation to the Caravan, to liaise with the authorised repair agent regarding repair or replacement of the defective parts or materials using similar (but not necessarily identical) components.
19. Caravan parts presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished parts of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
20. Should a dispute arise concerning either the Warranty or a claim under the Warranty, the Purchaser may choose to refer the matter for mediation by the Royal Flair Warranty Department. If the Purchaser remains unsatisfied following the mediation, or if the Purchaser elects not to refer the matter for mediation, the Royal Flair Warranty Department may advise the Purchaser of other available methods of dispute resolution.
PRIVACY ACT – NOTIFICATION STATEMENT
In the course of business and in administering this Warranty program, Royal Flair (“we”, “our”, “us”) may collect personal information from you, including your name and contact details. In doing so, Royal Flair complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPS”) in the Privacy Act.